• Mon. Oct 3rd, 2022

Israeli planes hit Hamas underground plant in the Gaza Strip early Thursday after a rocket fired at southern Israel was shot down in the first attack since Israel and terrorist groups at the coastal clan fought each other in a two-day battle last month, writes Times of Israel.

Israeli defense forces said their fighter jets bombed “underground terrorist infrastructures at a base belonging to the terrorist group Hamas in southern Gaza.”

The army said the attacks came in response to the rocket fired at Israel earlier in the night. The army also emphasized that Israel holds Hamas, as the regime in the Gaza Strip, responsible for any violence that may come from the strip.

Earlier in the night, the Israeli military said it had fired a rocket from Gaza, heading for southern Israel shortly after midnight.

The rocket attack triggered sirens in the area of ​​Nirim in the Eshkol region, east of Gaza, at 1 p.m. 12:15 Thursday. Residents in the area reported hearing explosions.

“A firing from the Gaza Strip against Israeli territory was detected. It was stopped by Iron Dome soldiers,” the army said in a statement referring to the air defense system.

Residents said the rocket did not cause human or property damage.

“Nothing happened and searches are being carried out in the area,” an Eshkol spokesman said in a statement.

The attack came hours after Israel announced the imposition of a maritime closure in the Gaza Strip and denied local fishermen access to the sea. It happens as a reaction to the wave of fires and explosive attacks from the coastal clave all day.

At least six fires in southern Israel are caused by burning balloons sent from the strip and another balloon with a bomb attached to it exploded over an Israeli city. There were no reports of injuries. The Brandon attacks caused great damage to agricultural land.

“Due to the continuing fires and burning balloons sent from the Gaza Strip, it was decided tonight to impose a maritime closure on the strip for the time being,” the Ministry of Defense’s connection to the Palestinians stated in a statement.

The Brandon attacks appear to be a breach of an unofficial ceasefire reached in early May between Israeli and Hamas leaders in Gaza, ending two days of intense fighting between the Israeli military and the Palestinians. terrorist groups.

According to Israel’s Channel 12 News, the agreement includes a Hamas obligation to stop violent incidents along the border fence and maintain a buffer zone 300 meters from the border; stop attacks with burning balloons into Israel and night clashes between Gaza residents and security forces; and stop flotillas trying to break through the maritime border between Gaza and Israel.

In return, Israel expanded its fishing zone and agreed to activate UN programs for cash-for-work, allow medicine and other civilian assistance to enter the strip, and open negotiations on issues of electricity, transitions, health care and economic resources.

The balloon bomb on Wednesday was the first armed attack from the strip since the last round of matches ended on May 5.

On Wednesday, an unexploded ordnance exploded at a cemetery in a town outside Ashdod. There were no reports of injuries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.